[webkit-help] Feasibility of updating Safari on Windows

Kevin Chen kevinchen2003 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 23:39:44 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I switched to Chrome at work when Safari on Windows was discontinued, but I really miss Safari's font smoothing. What really bothers me is how ClearType mangles Helvetica.

I was wondering what the feasibility is of compiling the latest WebKit engine and running it in the last available Windows Safari (5.1.7), like the nightly builds used to do. Since Windows Safari was dropped, has the WebKit code changed enough to make getting it running on Windows Safari again unfeasible?

Thanks for your help,

Kevin Chen