[webkit-help] WebAudio time domain sample data range?

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Thu Aug 14 02:29:42 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 8/14/14, 2:13 AM, Info wrote:
> What is the range of the input sample data that the webaudio
> implementation is dealing with (e.g. in
> /WebCore/Modules/webaudio/RealtimeAnalyser.cpp)?
>
> Is it float values between -1 and 1, or is the data scaled
> differently?
>
> (I am trying to immitate the built-in logic of the AnalyzerNode, by
> running a JavaScript side FFT on the time domain data that I am
> getting in the "onaudioprocess" event of a ScriptProcessorNode. I am
> using all the scaling/transformation logic from RealtimeAnalyser.cpp
> but still my resuls are quite different from the built-in ones..)
I don't think you will get much help here. The mailing list webkit-help
is only to help with simple issues with the APIs. Question about the
implementation of WebKit are welcome on the list "webkit-dev".

Even on webkit-dev I am not sure you will get much help unless you have
a specific bug. That code has not really been touched in 2 years and the
original authors have not been active for at least a year.

One thing you could do to inspect RealtimeAnalyser in details is build a
debug build of WebKit, and run your code in your favorite debugger.

Good luck,
Benjamin