[webkit-help] Fw: Webkit chops the URL with character "#" ?

Guillaume B guillaume at bienkowski.fr
Thu Feb 7 12:52:14 PST 2013

That's because the browser _will_ chop this part of this URL.
'#' is a reserved part of the URI scheme, after which all characters are
considered as a "fragment id", which is _never_ sent to the website. This
part of the URL stays local to the browser.

Actual websites using this scheme as a way to navigate must use a
Javascript code, executed on the client side, that will load the correct
content through AJAX.

I tested in a Qt5.0.1 WebView (QML), and I have no problem loading your URL.

So, wild guess here, do you have Javascript enabled in your webview?