[webkit-help] Newbie question: WKPage vs WebView

sasha1024 at nm.ru sasha1024 at nm.ru
Sun May 27 13:24:45 PDT 2012

Hello.

Sorry for stupidity, but I really want to ask a newbie question.

What is a difference between these APIs:
- Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/gtk (WebKitWebView, WebKitWebResource, other WebKitXxx classes)
- Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/C (WKPage, WKFrame, other WKXxx classes)
?

I basically understood how to use the "Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/gtk". I.e. I know that I can create widget with webkit_web_view_new, navigate widget to some URL with webkit_web_view_load_uri, etc. I've even found (somewhat old) docs for it: http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/unstable/index.html.

But what is "Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/C" (i.e. WKXxx classes)? What should/may it be used for? Does it serves the same purpose that "Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/gtk" (i.e. just alternate interface to the same stuff) or it can do something that "Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/gtk" cannot?

With great respect,
Sasha1024.