[webkit-help] NPAPI plugin crashes while calling npnfuncs->invoke in GtkLauncher

souvik.datta at wipro.com souvik.datta at wipro.com
Fri Mar 16 00:08:57 PDT 2012

Hello Vanya,

I absolutely agree with you that we should check for NULL in very function call. But the issue seems to be some where else.
We actually wanted window.content and not window.console. There is a Java script function named "func()" which is present in the html page (i.e, in window.content)
Therefore, Firefox behavior is correct. It is calling the "func" of "window.content".

In GtkLauncher, when I change  "func()" to "log()" and "content" to "console", it is working fine. But moment, I change the "console" to "content" and "log" to "func"
it throws segmentation fault. I have found that in case of "content", NPObject* console is found to be NULL. Here is the code snippet:

id = npnfuncs->getstringidentifier("content");
npnfuncs->getproperty(npp_, window, id, &consoleVar);
console = NPVARIANT_TO_OBJECT(consoleVar);

The segmentation fault is happening because I am passing NPObject pointer i.,e console (which is NULL in  this case) to:
  err = npnfuncs->invoke(npp_, console, id, args_temp,
             sizeof(args_temp) / sizeof(args_temp[0]),
             &voidResponse);

Can you please tell me what could be the reason which is causing Webkit to not recognize "window.content"?

Regards,
Souvik