[webkit-help] Contributor requirements?

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Sun Mar 11 11:06:07 PDT 2012

10.03.2012, в 23:50, Ryosuke Niwa написал(а):

> http://www.webkit.org/team.html is a better list of contributors, which is pulled from http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/common/config/committers.py

I did not know about this page. I think that it's a mistake to publish "contributors" in this list. First of all, it's unclear if all these people even want to be considered contributors to WebKit - you add someone when you CC them to ask questions, but they can be spec authors, area experts, and not necessarily direct contributors.

Second, publishing this list makes it sounds like a list of fame, which it is not. In fact, a new contributor is more likely to get on the list if he's a poor engineer, breaks things often, and thus needs to be CC'ed on follow-up bugs.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov