[webkit-help] Webkit GTK on DirectFB

ZhuJiang Tao zjtnew at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 00:43:46 PDT 2012

Hello,

Maybe this is a old question, but I had searched on mail-list archives, still has no answers even there are some similar questions.
My target is build WebApp by webkit run under embedded system with ARM CPU. Basically I want to use Webkit + GTK + DFB. But currently version of WebkitGTK already can not build successful with target=DirectFB. It will report X window related header file required. Someone said that is because of NPAPI and need to change code by hand. I also found a project WebkitDFB which is webkit under DirectFB. But I afraid it’s difficult to create UI only under DirectFB.
So, my question is:
1.    Is Webkit + GTK + DFB workable? Or which old version is suit for my requirement?
2.    If it doesn’t work, which solution of Webkit is suit for embedded system?

Any suggestion is welcome! Thanks!

Vincent