[webkit-help] JSC: Minimal win32 Build + Some Current Bugs

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Wed Jan 25 10:44:40 PST 2012

I'm working on creating a minimal win32 build, without CFLite and
pthreads (without the unicode is next to impossible.)

A non-CFLite build works fine, except for: api/JSStringRefCF.cpp

This code does not account for the USE(CF) flag.  I made this correction:

JSStringRef JSStringCreateWithCFString(CFStringRef string)
{
	#if !USE(CF)
		return(NULL);
	#else
		// original code goes here!
	#endif
}

CFStringRef JSStringCopyCFString(CFAllocatorRef alloc, JSStringRef string)
{
	#if !USE(CF)
		return(NULL);
	#else
		// original code goes here!
	#endif
}

This might not be the best solution, but if you compile without CF you
can't expect these functions to be workable.

A non-phtread works except for: heap/MachineStackMarker.cpp

Way to many corrections here to note.  Half the code in this function
properly checks the USE(PTHREAD)/OS(WINDOWS), and the other have does
NOT.  This could be REALLY bad as it's might be (didn't check that hard)
mixing pthreads and windows threads!  This one probably really needs to
be fixed.

One last one, just a reminder as I mentioned it before: keywords.table
has two extra returns at the end which breaks parser.cpp.

If these can get fixed, I'll have some further recommendations about a
minimal build.

[>] Brian