[webkit-help] JSC Redistribution and Lite VS version

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Fri Jan 20 11:30:29 PST 2012

On Jan 20, 2012, at 12:18 PM, Brian Barnes wrote:

> On Windows, it's a mess.  I used the wincario port, but I'm having DLL troubles with that for some users.  Trying to create my own stand-along Visual Studio compile doesn't seem possible, there's way to much changes I'd have to make to the code.  If somebody has done something like this, I'd be happy to hear it.  A clean version of JSC that compiled on it's own would be wonderful, but obviously not likely.

I'd suggest trying to get the WinCairo version of JavaScriptCore (which really has nothing to do with Cairo at all; it's just a build of JavaScriptCore that uses CFLite instead of CoreFoundation) building on its own without the rest of WebKit. There's a JavaScriptCore.sln file that you can use for this purpose. The only other DLL you should have to distribute is CFLite.dll.

-Adam