[webkit-help] JSC Redistribution and Lite VS version

Brian Barnes ggadwa at charter.net
Fri Jan 20 09:18:37 PST 2012

I use JSC in my cross-platform game engine, dim3.  On OS X, I just link
to whatever framework is on the machine.  On iOS, I can compile it (I
wish that framework wasn't private, it causes a lot of trouble for more
folks then just me.)

On Windows, it's a mess.  I used the wincario port, but I'm having DLL
troubles with that for some users.  Trying to create my own stand-along
Visual Studio compile doesn't seem possible, there's way to much changes
I'd have to make to the code.  If somebody has done something like this,
I'd be happy to hear it.  A clean version of JSC that compiled on it's
own would be wonderful, but obviously not likely.

I have a third option.  I can grab the nightly build, take the DLL out
of there, and grab the corefoundation.dll (and the couple DLLs it links
to) from any common Apple installation (free things, like iTunes or QT)
and stick that all together to build something.  This works and is the
path of least resistance but I suspect I'm skirting very close to
license problems with this, and that's the last thing I want to do, but
this problem is driving me nuts and I've got no way around it.

I should note that my engine is free and open-source, and the code is
always available, which is why I think I might be OK.

All comments are appreciated!  Thanks for any help before hand.

[>] Brian