[webkit-help] Webkit version and SVN version

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Tue Jan 17 08:30:02 PST 2012

On Jan 13, 2012, at 8:52 PM, Shanfeng Cheng wrote:

> On the nightly builds download page, I see version numbers like r104971. I believe this is the SVN version. Where can I see the internal webkit version number in a particular SVN release, such as webkit 534.34?

The WebKit version number is stored in a number of Version.xcconfig files scattered around the source tree, such as Source/WebKit/mac/Configurations/Version.xcconfig. I believe the FULL_VERSION variable is what you want.

> Where I can download or checkout relatively stable releases of webkit instead of the constantly-evolving nightly builds?

Each vendor that ships WebKit makes its own determination as to which builds are "stable" or not. In fact, shipping versions of WebKit often come from branches that are created specifically to create stability. I don't know of any frequently-released builds that are marked as more "stable" than those at nightly.webkit.org.

-Adam