[webkit-help] [Webkit help] - need help running the tests on Windows

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Wed Feb 22 07:46:44 PST 2012

On Feb 22, 2012, at 10:32 AM, Rajashankara Narayana <narayana at adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I successfully built the WebKit on Windows and run-safari test launches safari. But when I try to run the "new-run-webkit-tests" I am getting following error:
> C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\.svn>python \cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Sc
> ripts\new-run-webkit-tests
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Scripts\webkitpy\layout_tests\run_w
> ebkit_tests.py", line 488, in <module>
>     sys.exit(main())
>   File "C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Scripts\webkitpy\layout_tests\run_w
> ebkit_tests.py", line 481, in main
>     host._initialize_scm()
>   File "C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Scripts\webkitpy\common\host.py", l
> ine 112, in _initialize_scm
>     self._scm = detector.default_scm(patch_directories)
>   File "C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Scripts\webkitpy\common\checkout\sc
> m\detection.py", line 60, in default_scm
>     raise Exception("FATAL: Failed to determine the SCM system for either %s or
> %s" % (cwd, script_directory))
> Exception: FATAL: Failed to determine the SCM system for either C:\cygwin\home\f
> lbuilds\WebKit\.svn or C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Scripts\webkitpy\com
> mon\checkout\scm
>
> I have tried this running from cygwin shell and the result is same.
>
> Any help on how to fix this and successfully run tests on windows is much appreciated.

I don't know what the cause of this particular error would be. It's probably worth filing a bug at http://webkit.org/new-bug

But you should also know that new-run-webkit-tests isn't yet supported on Windows. That is covered by <http://wkb.ug/38756>. You should use the run-webkit-tests script (which will call through to old-run-webkit-tests) instead.

-Adam