[webkit-help] [Webkit help] - need help running the tests on Windows

Rajashankara Narayana narayana at adobe.com
Wed Feb 22 07:32:30 PST 2012

Hi,

I successfully built the WebKit on Windows and run-safari test launches safari. But when I try to run the "new-run-webkit-tests" I am getting following error:
C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\.svn>python \cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Sc
ripts\new-run-webkit-tests
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Scripts\webkitpy\layout_tests\run_w
ebkit_tests.py", line 488, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Scripts\webkitpy\layout_tests\run_w
ebkit_tests.py", line 481, in main
    host._initialize_scm()
  File "C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Scripts\webkitpy\common\host.py", l
ine 112, in _initialize_scm
    self._scm = detector.default_scm(patch_directories)
  File "C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Scripts\webkitpy\common\checkout\sc
m\detection.py", line 60, in default_scm
    raise Exception("FATAL: Failed to determine the SCM system for either %s or
%s" % (cwd, script_directory))
Exception: FATAL: Failed to determine the SCM system for either C:\cygwin\home\f
lbuilds\WebKit\.svn or C:\cygwin\home\tester\WebKit\Tools\Scripts\webkitpy\com
mon\checkout\scm

I have tried this running from cygwin shell and the result is same.

Any help on how to fix this and successfully run tests on windows is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Raj