[webkit-help] Webkit Build Error

Aman Gupta aman2304 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 05:11:47 PST 2012

Thanks again Adam. I have successfully updated WebKit. While building
WebKit (running "build-webkit" script), I encountered the following error:

*$ perl build-webkit*
*
*
*Installing WebKitSupportLibrary...*
*The WebKitSupportLibrary has been sucessfully installed in*
* /home/amang/webkit/WebKitLibraries/win*
*Building results into: /home/amang/webkit/WebKitBuild*
*WEBKITOUTPUTDIR is set to: C:\cygwin\home\amang\webkit\WebKitBuild*
*WEBKITLIBRARIESDIR is set to:
C:\cygwin\home\amang\webkit\WebKitLibraries\win*
*Cannot find registry entry
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/MicrosoftSDK/InstalledSDKs/D2FF9F89-8AA2-4373-8A31-C838BF4DBBE
                               1'.*
*Please download and install the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2*
*Platform SDK from <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?*
*familyid=0baf2b35-c656-4969-ace8-e4c0c0716adb&displaylang=en>.*
*
*
*Then follow step 2 in the Windows section of the "Installing Developer*
*Tools" instructions at <http://www.webkit.org/building/tools.html>.*
*Died at /home/amang/webkit/Tools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 1576.*

I am working on a computer with Windows 7 64 bit version installed. I have
also installed the Platform SDK, albeit a different version. I read
somewhere that WebKit has problems recognising Platform SDK on Win64
systems. Can you please help me out with this?

Thanks
Aman Gupta