[webkit-help] page rendering question

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 08:51:43 PDT 2011

> I have a question regarding page rendering ... I inserted some printouts
> in WebKit methods that will be called when WebKit thinks the page should
> be redrawn (layout(), etc.).
>
> Now, what I can't figure out is why WebKit thinks the page needs to be
> redrawn if I click a text in different positions. E.g. the HTML page has
> tons of <br> elements. And clicking on the page will always request
> redrawing even when nothing on the page changes (no text selection,
> scrolling). Any ideas?

This is not going to answer your question, I just state the obvious:
why don't you use the debugger, set a breakpoint in some suitable
place, and see the stack trace to understand the program flow?

Debugger breakpoints and stack traces are much more powerful than just
some random printouts. Check out http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/CodePaths
for some inspiration.

--
Ariya