[webkit-help] where can i find the list of functionality covered by Layout Tests?

SravanKumar Sandela sravan.ken at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 20:38:58 PDT 2011

Hi,

If you have successfully ran Layout tests, you should also have known that
they are almost around 21K in number. These tests cover functionality of
allmost every single HTML element existing in the spec and CSS Properties
too(by verifying their layout).

For clear understanding of what aspects they cover, take a look at the
directory name and Test case name. Analyzing every test case names will be a
laborius task, so go with directory names. You will understand them much
better if you know HTML Tags and CSS Specifications.

2011/9/14 张鹏超 <zpc85 at 126.com>

> Hi, all.
>      I have been learning the testing frame of webkit and succsussfully run
> the layout and javascriptcore tests with the help of instruction documents
> recently.
>      Then I tried to find out the functionality covered by test cases, but
> I could't get any useful information of Layout test. For example,
> Javascriptcore test cases are from Mozilla ECMA tests, that is clearly
> specified in the documents. But what about layout tests? I searched all the
> douments on webkit.org but no anwser was given, then I checked all the log
> file under the LayoutTests folder, following was the first log:
>
> 2005-09-30  Eric Seidel  <eseidel at apple.com>
>          Reviewed by xenon.
>
>         Moved WebCore/layout-tests to LayoutTests
>
>        But it still didn't help.  Does anyone have the same question with
> me? And Dose anyone can help?

Living for the unseen and undone....