[webkit-help] I need help in building webkit wincairo

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:22:28 PDT 2011

Hi Kunio,

On Oct 3, 2011, at 6:38 PM, Kunio Yamazaki wrote:

>> 2. If you are using "build-webkit", please make sure you are passing
>> the "--wincairo" command line argument to be sure it builds properly.
>>
>> Can you post a full build log somewhere I could view it?
>
> Thank you Brent.
> Build log is carried. But the following sites are Japanese although I am sorry.
> http://wiki.livedoor.jp/noppo/d/wincairo%20build%20error%20%282011/10/03%29

It looks like the build is proceeding using the correct target, so I'm not sure what's going on.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is:

> $ cd /cygdrive/e
> $ svn checkout --revision 96399 http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk WebKit

Is /cygdrive/e your HOME location? I have only really had success building in a subdirectory of the Cygwin 'HOME' directory.

> $ WebKit/Tools/Scripts/set-webkit-configuration --debug --32-bit
> $ WebKit/Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --debug --wincairo

I think you want the "wincairo" flag here as well:

> $ WebKit/Tools/Scripts/set-webkit-configuration --debug --32-bit --wincairo

I'm worried that the build failures are somehow related to the Japanese Windows localization.  Are there any error messages in the earlier sections of the build (e.g., while building WTF/JavaScriptCore)?

> Checking Last-Modified date of WinCairoRequirements.zip...
> Current WinCairoRequirements is up to date
> Building results into: /cygdrive/e/WebKit/WebKitBuild
> WEBKITOUTPUTDIR is set to: E:\WebKit\WebKitBuild
> WEBKITLIBRARIESDIR is set to: E:\WebKit\WebKitLibraries\win
> /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/Common7/IDE/VCExpress.exe win\WebKit.vcproj\WebKit.sln /build Debug_Cairo_CFLite
> Found 0 Visual Studio Express Build Logs:

This looks exactly right.  I don't understand why this is causing trouble.

Where is your WEBKITLIBRARIESDIR pointed?  Some of the flags that control the build are stored in this directory. If the environment variable points to an 'old' location, it might be causing the build to use the wrong flags.

Thanks,

-Brent