[webkit-help] Fwd: Re: Reg.Compilation and Link error when build the latest win cairo ...

Chris Waldron christy.waldron at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:25:20 PST 2011

Really?! you could have fooled me.  I've reported this problem to this
forum weeks ago and never received a response so Michael and I have been
working on this on our own time trying to fix these issues.  In addition
once we've got WebKit to build it fails to run. Also, your
WinCairoRequirements checked in at GitHub contain a project file ONLY for
VS2010 yet the build environment for WebKit is set up for VS2005.  You
should have a project and solution file that is at least usable for VS2005
so that it can be automatically upgraded for VS2008 and VS2010.  There is
no way to automatically DOWNGRADE the damn thing.

WebKit is a KEY framework especially as Microsoft intends to lock JS
developers in with Windows 8.  This is the only real open-source portable
alternative yet the build environment for Windows is awful, cumbersome and
unreliable. Clearly I'm not the only one who hit these problems as evident
by the other folks who has already reported these same issues.

Thanks,
Chris.