[webkit-help] Webkit-Cairo build failure - unresolved external WTF::equal

Mike Fairlamb m.fairlamb at netsupportsoftware.com
Wed Nov 9 01:58:00 PST 2011

WTF gone wrong here!!!!

Pulled down the code from trunk. All the other projects compile/build
successfully, up to Webkit2/WebKit. This compiles fine but does not link because
of the error below.

Can anyone help with this error.

I have been following Chris Waldrons excellent notes on build Webkit on windows
(+plus extra notes I have found from other places).

the actual definition is in Javascript/WTF project(text/StringImpl.h ) and is
defined as an inline function, so should not be trying to link against anything!

It might be a problem with "const char *" and "char const *" definitions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Build started: Project: WebKit, Configuration: Release_Cairo_CFLite|Win32
.
.
.
.
   Creating library d:\Projects\WebKit\win\Release_Cairo_CFLite\lib\WebKit.lib
and object d:\Projects\WebKit\win\Release_Cairo_CFLite\lib\WebKit.exp
WebKit.exp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl
WTF::equal(class WTF::StringImpl const *,char const *)" (?
equal at WTF@@YA_NPBVStringImpl at 1@PBD at Z)
d:\Projects\WebKit\win\Release_Cairo_CFLite\bin\WebKit.dll : fatal error
LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals