[webkit-help] Creating tests in LayoutTests/fast/

Sravan sravan.ken at gmail.com
Tue May 31 23:22:05 PDT 2011

Hi Adam /Razvan,

Based on my experience, I have a little different understanding. What I had
seen is that all the tests inside fast folder run real fast compared to
other tests. When I used to run layout tests, it used to take approx
20seconds for running 1 test in other folders, whereas the tests in fast
folder would take only 1-2 seconds. So, if you feel your test is taking
anything more than 5-10 seconds please include it in the appropriate test
directory as Adam mentioned. otherwise you can include it in fast directory
in the appropriate test directory inside fast folder.

That is the reason I believe we have category of tests (e.g. css) inside
fast whereas same category of tests also exist outside (css1, css2 etc).
End of the day, your tests would run where ever you keep them inside
LayoutTests folder. The only difference comes when we start running the
tests w.r.t a particular directory like,

./run-webkit-tests fast

or

./run-webkit-tests css2.1 etc.

Please let me know if you have any other thoughts.

-Sravan

--
Living for the unseen and undone....