[webkit-help] Need help in building webkit which comes with Froyo

yvs reddy yvsreddy_2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 2 06:37:16 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have downloaded Froyo-release version of webkit.git from android.git.kernel.org and other gits mentioned in Android.mk file present in Webkit source code.

I want to build downloaded Froyo version of webkit and tried using NDK environment using ndk-build. But started getting the following error

$ /cygdrive/e/work/android-ndk-5/ndk-build
Android NDK: Trying to define local module 'webcore' in /cygdrive/e/390/Workspace/froyo/jni/JavaScriptCore/Android.mk.
Android NDK: But this module was already defined by /cygdrive/e/390/Workspace/froyo/jni/WebKit/Android.mk.
/cygdrive/e/work/android-ndk-5/build/core/build-module.mk:34: *** Android NDK: Aborting.    .  Stop.

I tried going through the Makefiles but couldn't get any.

Is it right way to build webkit?

Can some one please let me know the build procedure Froyo-version of webkit.

Regards,
Viji