[webkit-help] WKRelease()

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Wed Mar 30 18:27:00 PDT 2011

On Mar 30, 2011, at 5:39 PM, Nick Guenther wrote:

> I am seeing lots of memory leaking, which makes sense since I have no idea how to clean up after WebKit2. It looks like the headers may be incomplete, is this true? For example WKURL.h has WKURLCopyString() but neither in there nor in WKString.h is there anything that says "WKFreeString()".
>
> I just stumbled acorss WKRetain() and WKRelease() but they operate on this abstract WKTypeRef pointer with no explanation of what it's for. Can I WKRelease(frame);?

All WK*Ref types are ref-counted. WKRetain and WKRelease work on any WK*Ref type. WebKit2's C API is modeled after CoreFoundation. You can find more information (including information about memory management) here: <http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFDesignConcepts/CFDesignConcepts.html>.

-Adam