[webkit-help] How to render html without gui

Nick Guenther Nick.Guenther at dossierview.com
Mon Mar 28 11:05:09 PDT 2011

I spent a while beating my head against this problem too, and it looks like this is a platform-specific question. On Windows I eventually found the best option was to send WM_PRINTCLIENT (thus depending on having a GUI somewhere, though I can make the window hidden), whereas Qt has a whole Canvas architecture built in that Webkit-on-Qt can exploit, which makes life a lot easier there. I'm surprised wkhtmltopdf doesn't work for you. Have you tried any of these others?
* http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-labs/graphics-dojo/blobs/master/webcapture/webcapture.cpp
* http://cutycapt.sourceforge.net/
* http://code.google.com/p/webscreenie/