[webkit-help] Build problem on windows7 64bit machine. Error result 1 returned from 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe'

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Mon Jul 25 05:19:56 PDT 2011

On Jul 24, 2011, at 5:24 AM, narendra r wrote:

>          Problem 1:   10>Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 1
> returned from 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe'.

This is caused by "Problem 2". We've configured the Windows build so that later projects will abort in this way if an earlier project fails.

>          Problem 2:     2>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open
> file 'CoreFoundation_debug.lib'

This means you are building the wrong configuration of WebKit.sln. My guess is you selected "Debug_All", which only works for Apple-internal builds. Please try "Release" or "Debug" instead.

-Adam