[webkit-help] Running WebKit Cario on WinXP

Mike Thomas hamfiend at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:16:03 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

I am running WinXP with VS2005. I use Cygwin to check out, and update, and
build. Everything works good.
1. svn checkout http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk WebKit
2. WebKit/Tools/Scripts/update-webkit --wincairo
3. WebKit/Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --wincairo --release

But when I run the examples (WinLauncher), I get "The procedure entry point
WSAPoll could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll".

I have been reading and it seems that WSAPool is not directly available when
using WinXP.

Do I have to download the WinCarioRequirements source and compile it myself
in order to get it to work? And not use the WinCarioRequirements.zip file
that gets downloaded in the build script?

Thanks
Michael