[webkit-help] Building webkit problem

deepjyoti goswami deepjyoti.goswami4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:53:42 PDT 2011

Hi All
I was trying to build Webkit using the settings as described in
http://siphon9.net/loune/2009/07/compiling-webkitcairo-on-windows-with-visual-c-express/
.

I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express and all the above mentioned
packages installed as described in there.

but when I run “$ Tools/Scripts/build-webkit –wincairo –debug”

it shows following error:
ERROR: FATAL: Failed to determine the SCM system for either
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/h
ome/Essack/WebKit-r90335 or
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/Essack/WebKit-r90335/Tools/S
cripts/webkitpy/common/checkout/scm.

I could not find any further solution. And there is also an error
in print-vse-failure-logs script. It says error in codecs.open() method

Any help will be highly appreciated. Its very urgent. Please shed some light
on it.