[webkit-help] Reg. New Plugin..

Vicky Tux ssseintr2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 01:53:13 PDT 2011

Hi Team,

Actually i'm trying to add new plugin without npapi implementation. My
plugin code statically linked with webkit code, not suppose to load with
npapi style functions.

For example,

<object type="application/x-messenger" id="messenger"/>

<script>
messenger=document.getElementById("messenger");
messenger.setServer("y.com",5000);
messenger.onConnect=function(status){alert('connected');};
messenger.setUser("aaa at y.com","pass");
messenger.login();
</script>

According to my analysis to handle the above things in native i have to
stick with npapi style plugin interface. I think have to implement a huge
code base to achieve the basic functionality like above code snippet. So is
there any way to register my native codes in
createPlugin(WebFrameLoaderClient.cpp) othere than npapi style..?

Regards,
Vicky.