[webkit-help] Webkit on Windows Cairo Port

Nimish Nayak nimishnayk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 04:32:18 PST 2011

Hi

I successfully built webkit (cairo's Windows Port). I faced a few issues
while Building webkit primarily linking issues but thanks to Adam Roben who
guided me that Microsoft Visual Studios 2005 Express Edition fails to link
to the standard libraries sometimes so its best to include them . So adding
these libraries solved the issue and webkit was successfully built.

I now face mainly these issues

1) There is Apple's Windows Port and Cairo's Windows Port But i dont know
much about these two . How one is different from another basically one is
using apple proprietary software and other is on open sourced versions but i
wanted to know more in detail. Can someone guide me in this respect.

2) I have compiled using the Source found in the nightly's ***ie. WebKit
r78038<http://builds.nightly.webkit.org/files/trunk/src/WebKit-r78038.tar.bz2>
* But on the Webkit.org site under getting the source they are recommending
http://nightly.webkit.org/files/WebKit-SVN-source.tar.bz2 which is 900 MB as
compared to the previous 16 MB one.? So did i compile the right one ?

3)I am using WinLauncher which is th*e* test browser for trying out my new
build, by setting it as the active project if i want to extend the
JavaScript using JSCore Extensions then am i supposed to do it in VS2005
(with other projects) or can i just copy the folders in tools\ and obj\ and
save it separately in another drive and compile it.?

There are a lot of things i am unfamiliar unaware of. But please help me out
in this would really appreciate your help

--
Mr. Nimish Nayak