[webkit-help] Emulating Webkit usage on a device with limited memory

Alexander Farber alexander.farber at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 02:54:21 PST 2011

Hello,

I'm a Webkit newbie, have built it on a Mac and
can run WebKit/Tools/Scripts/run-safari --debug

I'd like to study, what would be Webkit's
behaviour on devices with limited memory.

Will it crash, display an error message, a white
screen or maybe a screen with blue rectangles
like I see on iPad, when scrolling too quickly.

Is there a way to artificially limit memory
available to Webkit on the Mac or on a PC?

I'd like to try 16 MB, 32 MB, 64 MB (is it feasible)?

I've only found the wiki page
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Memory%20Use
and would appreciate any pointers

Thank you