[webkit-help] Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --gtk --debug --makeargs="-j1" taking up to 80% of memory

sachin nikam sknikam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 21:45:59 PST 2011

I synced up the latest webkit code base and am trying to build webkit
gtk on ubuntu 11.10 with 4gb of RAM and 4 CPUs

I tried with --makeargs="-j2" but still got "ld process terminated
signal[9]" error  which indicates that it ran out of memory.
I suspect i will still the get the same error with --makeargs="-j1".
Is there any other flag where we can restrict the memory usage?
Regards
Sachin