[webkit-help] Calling JSObjectCallAsFunction from a worker

demallien demallien at me.com
Tue Dec 13 07:24:03 PST 2011

Hi Ben,

The short answer is no - you need to call JSObjectCallAsFunction from the same thread that you created you JSContextRef in.

Allison

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 21:00:25 +0000
From: Ben Short <ben at benshort.co.uk>
To: webkit-help at lists.webkit.org
Subject: [webkit-help] Calling JSObjectCallAsFunction from a worker
thread

I have created a custom javascript object using the JavaScriptCore
API. My object allows listeners to be registered with it. I need to
call these listeners on various events from a worker thread that is
created when the object is instantiated.

Is it safe to call the JSObjectCallAsFunction function from a worker thread?

Regards

Ben Short