[webkit-help] Running cairo build of Webkit on other windows machines.

Mike Fairlamb m.fairlamb at netsupportsoftware.com
Wed Dec 7 07:02:54 PST 2011

Hi,

Successfully built a version of cairo Webkit and was running winlauncher on my
old development machine.

Copied the bin directory with all of the built exes/dlls to another machine and
tried to run WinLauncher.

This is when I run into the problem of side by side dlls. I have installed the
vs2008 runtime. In the event log is was getting messages like
Activation context generation failed for
"D:\Projects\Webkit\win\Release_Cairo_CFLite\bin\WebKit.dll".
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",
publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",
type="win32",version="8.0.50727.5592" could not be found. Please use
sxstrace.exe
for detailed diagnosis.

What I understand it was looking for a specific version of the MSVCR80.DLL file.
copied the three runtime dlls into the current directory and created a .manifest
file for Winlauncher. This moved the problem to another dll asking for
version="8.0.50727.6195".

The other dlls that were causing me problems were the ones from
Webkitlibraries\bin. Is the source available to rebuild these with out using a
manifest for each dll generated.

As anyone else had these problems.

Mike