[webkit-help] Problem with visual feedback on editable element.

Stéphane Payrard cognominal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 03:37:05 PDT 2011

This is resent because my first post (otherwise identical to this one)
was apparently not
approved by the moderator

https://gist.github.com/1145514
this is a html file which demonstrates a problem with visual feedback
on editable element. Can someone help?

I want to edit an  element make editable if I click on it.
Elements of class "editing" are editable as per the css.
Clicking an element of class code  makes it editable.
Typing escape makes the englobing element editable.

Everything works fine except that the blue box indicating
the editable area does not appear until I move the caret with
a left or right arrow

This is on chrome.
Note the reliance on this inline css.

.editing {
   -webkit-user-select: text;
   -webkit-user-modify: read-write;
 }

jquery is used to clear and set the "editing" class for the right element

Is there a work around?

--
cognominal stef

--