[webkit-help] Details about algorithm used to scroll a div

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 23:10:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am debugging a subtle issue in WebKit browsers with a div that has
overflow:scroll and I would like to learn more about how WebKit
decides to scroll a div when a subelement comes into focus.  My
specific problem is that I have a scrolling div that has a sequence of
subelements.  When certain subelements are focused, the div
automatically scrolls to the bottom, even if the element that was
focused was not at the end of the scrolling div.  I am wondering what
specific criteria WebKit uses in making the decision to scroll all the
way to the bottom of the div.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian

--
Brian E. Granger