[webkit-help] Layout Tests: How to specify the "--platform" parameter when use the command "new-run-webkit-tests"

SravanKumar Sandela sravan.ken at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 04:43:58 PDT 2011

Hi,

I do not have NRWT, but from my previous experience of running layout tests,
i've looked in to old-run-webkit-tests and there is no special logic in the
script that will change by looking at the word Cairo.

I am not so sure if layout tests need information about whether its cairo or
skia, but looks like the script  is not taking them in to account. may be
ERIC can answer this.

My gut feel is, script needs "cairo" knowledge only for build and i think
that is enough for layout tests to get the respective platform results.

-Sravan.
2011/8/11 cosmos.qiu <cosmos_qiu at 126.com>

> **
> Hi, everyone.
>
>      I got the documents I wanted in me previous post.  And I found if I
> use the command "new-run-webkit-tests", I could specify the platform I used,
> as follows:
>

> NRWT supports a *lot* of flags. Here are some of the most popular:
>   --platform the platform to run (e.g., "chromium-mac", "win-wk2", etc.
> --debug use the Debug configuration  --release use the Release
> configuration -n --dry-run dry-run ... do everything but actually run the
> tests -p --pixel-tests run with pixel-tests enabled  --no-new-test-results don't
> create any new test results for new tests (NRWT will create them by default
> --no-show-results don't display the summary HTML file in a web browser at
> the end of the run
>
> I am now using the editon of win-Cairo, but I don't know how to specify the
> corresponding parameter.
> Does anyone know the correct parameter or give me some suggestions about
> it?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> 2011-08-11
>  cosmos.qiu