[webkit-help] Webkit-Cairo build failure

Chris Waldron christy.waldron at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 19:26:56 PDT 2011

OK I went back to building using Visual Studio 2008 since I was able to
progress further with that environment than with VS2005.
I did resolve the gcc error.  The problem was due to missing g++.  Actually
the instructions does a poor job of informing you about Cygwin requirements.
The way I'm building Webkit is with VS2008 based on instructions from Peter
Nelson as he built webkit for Webkit.NET.  Unfortunately his instructions
were
not complete either.  For example, he omits the fact that VS80COMNTOOLS
environment variable needs to be set to something otherwise the build
failed. I set it to VS90COMNTOOLS.  The main issues that I've been fighting
with are missing and broken Cygwin tools.  Apparently it may have been
easier to install ALL of Cygwin.  But so far I had to go back and install
the following tools from the default installation:

svn
curl
unzip
make
perl
python
gcc
g++
bison
gperf
and fixup libglade postinstall script that bison needed and was failing the
Cygwin install.

After all that was done so far I've built 17 out of the 31 projects with 14
projects failing.

Currently I'm blocked in the link phase of the WebKit project build:

Performing Pre-Build Event...

/usr/bin/bash

File not found - *

0 File(s) copied

Performing Pre-Link Event...

        1 file(s) copied.

        1 file(s) copied.

Linking...

LINK : warning LNK4224: /OPT:NOWIN98 is no longer supported;  ignored

   Creating library
C:\cygwin\home\chris.waldron\WebKit\WebKitBuild\Release\lib\WebKit.lib and
object
C:\cygwin\home\chris.waldron\WebKit\WebKitBuild\Release\lib\WebKit.exp

WebCore.lib(Color.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "struct
WebCore::NamedColor const * __cdecl WebCore::findColor(char const *,unsigned
int)" (?findColor at WebCore@@YAPBUNamedColor at 1@PBDI at Z) referenced in function
"struct WebCore::NamedColor const * __cdecl WebCore::findNamedColor(class
WTF::String const &)"
(?findNamedColor at WebCore@@YAPBUNamedColor at 1@ABVString at WTF@@@Z)

WebCore.lib(CSSProperty.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"char const * __cdecl WebCore::getPropertyName(enum WebCore::CSSPropertyID)"
(?getPropertyName at WebCore@@YAPBDW4CSSPropertyID at 1@@Z)

WebCore.lib(ImplicitAnimation.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "char const * __cdecl WebCore::getPropertyName(enum
WebCore::CSSPropertyID)"
(?getPropertyName at WebCore@@YAPBDW4CSSPropertyID at 1@@Z)

WebCore.lib(CSSComputedStyleDeclaration.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol "char const * __cdecl WebCore::getPropertyName(enum
WebCore::CSSPropertyID)"
(?getPropertyName at WebCore@@YAPBDW4CSSPropertyID at 1@@Z) referenced in function
"public: virtual class WTF::String __thiscall
WebCore::CSSComputedStyleDeclaration::cssText(void)const "
(?cssText at CSSComputedStyleDeclaration@WebCore@@UBE?AVString at WTF@@XZ)

WebCore.lib(CSSPrimitiveValue.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "char const * __cdecl WebCore::getPropertyName(enum
WebCore::CSSPropertyID)"
(?getPropertyName at WebCore@@YAPBDW4CSSPropertyID at 1@@Z)

WebCore.lib(CSSStyleDeclaration.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "char const * __cdecl WebCore::getPropertyName(enum
WebCore::CSSPropertyID)"
(?getPropertyName at WebCore@@YAPBDW4CSSPropertyID at 1@@Z)

WebCore.lib(CSSMutableStyleDeclaration.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "char const * __cdecl WebCore::getPropertyName(enum
WebCore::CSSPropertyID)"
(?getPropertyName at WebCore@@YAPBDW4CSSPropertyID at 1@@Z)

WebCore.lib(CSSPrimitiveValue.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "char const * __cdecl WebCore::getValueName(unsigned short)"
(?getValueName at WebCore@@YAPBDG at Z) referenced in function "class
WTF::AtomicString const & __cdecl WebCore::valueOrPropertyName(int)"
(?valueOrPropertyName at WebCore@@YAABVAtomicString at WTF@@H at Z)

WebCore.lib(CSSMutableStyleDeclaration.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "char const * __cdecl WebCore::getValueName(unsigned short)"
(?getValueName at WebCore@@YAPBDG at Z)

WebCore.lib(CSSParser.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"struct WebCore::Property const * __cdecl WebCore::findProperty(char const
*,unsigned int)" (?findProperty at WebCore@@YAPBUProperty at 1@PBDI at Z) referenced
in function "int __cdecl WebCore::cssPropertyID(wchar_t const *,unsigned
int)" (?cssPropertyID at WebCore@@YAHPB_WI at Z)

WebCore.lib(CSSParser.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"struct WebCore::Value const * __cdecl WebCore::findValue(char const
*,unsigned int)" (?findValue at WebCore@@YAPBUValue at 1@PBDI at Z) referenced in
function "int __cdecl WebCore::cssValueKeywordID(struct
WebCore::CSSParserString const &)"
(?cssValueKeywordID at WebCore@@YAHABUCSSParserString at 1@@Z)

WebCore.lib(CSSParser.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: int __thiscall WebCore::CSSParser::lex(void)"
(?lex at CSSParser@WebCore@@QAEHXZ) referenced in function "public: int
__thiscall WebCore::CSSParser::lex(void *)"
(?lex at CSSParser@WebCore@@QAEHPAX at Z)

C:\cygwin\home\chris.waldron\WebKit\WebKitBuild\Release\bin\WebKit.dll :
fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals