[webkit-help] Web Inspector

Nimish Nayak nimishnayk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 05:39:57 PDT 2011

Hi Adam

Greetings!

As you know I have been working on the "WinLauncher" which is a test browser
to test the new WebKit Build.
I wanted to enable the Web Inspector. All I could gather information is that
Web Inspector is already there in the WebCore It just needs to be enabled.
I saw the Preferences under Application Data\Apple Computer\Preferences and
added "WebKitExtensions" and set it to YES in the Winlauncher.exe.plist.
Now I can see "InspectElement" when I right Click on the Browser But nothing
happens when I click on the same.

This thread seems relevant to my issue
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2036148/how-can-i-pop-up-webkits-web-inspector-from-my-webview-object-programmatically

How can I
a) Access the Right Click "Inspect Element"
b) Access the WebInspector So that I can render it in another window

Or is my choice of WinLauncher not good. And there is a better Browser
available
(I know Safari But I plan to use a browser+webkit in more like a nutshell
and not launch safari when you click on WebView) Like an Application.

Any Help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks once again.
--
Mr. Nimish Nayak