[webkit-help] Can I use Web Inspector within MiniBrowser?

Jim Cresswell jim.cresswell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 02:03:41 PDT 2011

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to WebKit and this is my first post.

I successfully built WebKit build r92367 using the 'build-webkit' script
with no additional arguments (it defaulted to a release build), on a Mac
running OSX 10.6.8 with Xcode 3.2.6 and Java version 1.6.0_26 . Everything
seemed to go well and including building MiniBroswer.

I would like to get the Web Inspector working from within MiniBrowser, I
tried following the instructions at
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebInspectorwith the bundle name set to
'com.yourcompany.MiniBrowser' as given in the
MiniBroswer.app Info.plist file. After relaunching MiniBroswer right
clicking did not display the 'Inspect Element' menu option. So my questions
are i) Can Web Inspector be used with MiniBrowser? and ii) if so, how do I
turn it on?

Thanks in advance!
Jim