[webkit-help] Modifying Document after parsing/tokenizing

Bharathwaaj Srinivasan bharathwaaj.s at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 04:46:30 PDT 2010

Hi,

>From the code walk through I did, WebKit identifies which document to create
based on mime type it gets. Is this correct? Or is there any other ways of
identifying the document?

Another situation:
Suppose I get a wml document with application/xhtml+xml (assuming a bug in
server) as mime type
- XHTMLDocument gets created in DOMImplementation
- XMLTokenizer is created
- and then after seeing the namespace uri in the tokenizer, i get to know
that it is a WML document.

Is it possible to now modify the XHTMLDocument to WMLDocument? If yes where
should this code need to be added. What is the safest procedure for
implementing this? What are the things that need to be taken care?

Kind regards,
Bharath