[webkit-help] How to treat CSS Fixed elements as Absolute ones?

Kamil Blank caceel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 11:09:39 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I would like to change the CSS Fixed elements way of working so that
they are treated in the same way as Absolute elements. Could you
please give me some advices on how I can do this?
My initial idea was to divide the task into 2 steps:
1) Calculate new position of Fixed elements, so they'll be relative to
page and not to the viewport;
2) Treat fixed elements as absolute ones.
I think the second step could be resolve by doing some small amendment
in WebCore::RenderStyle by changing FixedPosition meaning into
AbsolutePosition.

However, I am concerned about the first part – could you please advise
where could I insert my changes, i.e. where the fixed elements
relative to the viewport are calculated?

Can you think of any alternative solution of that issue? I will highly
appreciate any hints.

Thanks in advance.
Kamil Blank