[webkit-help] ERROR: qmake missing but required to build WebKit. (Qt Port of WebKit under Windows 7)

Richard Frainier richard.frainier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 10:39:10 PDT 2010

Ariya,
Thanks for your patience, as I am very new to Qt & WebKit.

>From the VS2008 Command window,
> qmake --version
returns
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.7.0 in
C:/qt-greenhouse/Trolltech/Code_less_create_more/Trolltech/Code_less_create_more/Troll/4.6/qt/lib

I added c:\qt\2010_05\qt\qmake to my PATH (could not quite get the
"--qmake=" option to work for me) and the next error was
QMAKESPEC has not been set, so configuration cannot be deduced.

I then added QMAKESPEC with a value of "win32-msvc2008" to my
environment, but the next error was
Could not find mkspecs for your QMAKESPEC<win32-msvc2008> ...

At this point, I think something is wrong with my basic environment.
If you see anything in the above that points to a simple fix, please
let me know...

-Rich