[webkit-help] Porting WebKit with video support

Sriram Neelakandan sriram.neelakandan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 23:04:41 PDT 2010

Look at WebCore/platform/graphics/MediaPlayerPrivate.h
The platform is expected to implement a MediaPlayerPrivate class
You can refer
WebCore/platform/graphics/<gtk/qt/win>/MediaPlayerPrivate<Gtk/Qt/QuickTimeWin>.cpp
for reference implementations on how its done.

I suppose you are already running Webkit using Gtk or Qt on DFB ? or is it
the just announched DFB-lite port of Webkit ?

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Antoine Maillard <antoine.maillard at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to add HTML5 video support to the DirectFB WebKit port on a
> STLinux STB.
> Would you have some pointers or some help on how is designed the interface
> between video decoding capabilities and WebCore integration ?
> I'm suppose there is some kind of "prototype" to extend audio/video support
> to WebKit ports (and I also assume that this "prototype" is used to bind
> QTKit with WebCore on OSX or DirectVideo with WebCore on Windows...)
>

> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Antoine

Sriram Neelakandan
Author - Embedded Linux System Design And Development (
http://tinyurl.com/2doosu)