[webkit-help] Disabling or Disallowing Uploading

Deepak Mundra deepak.m at allaboutif.com
Tue May 4 21:40:53 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Noah Kipin <nkipin at cbnco.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to disable uploads for a webkit implementation to make it
> more secure in "Kiosk Mode". Since the application runs as root in kiosk
> mode, I don't want users to have access to the file dialog that is
> brought up from HTML forms.
>
> Disallowing downloads was fairly simple, but disallowing uploads has not
> been as obvious. If anyone can give some advice I'd appreciate it a lot.
>
> Thanks,
> Noah

Hi Kipin,

I am using Gtk port and a quick solution would be,

open WebKit/gtk/WebCoreSupport/ChromeClientGtk.cpp and in function

void ChromeClient::runOpenPanel(Frame*, PassRefPtr<FileChooser> prpFileChooser)

simply add return in the begining. I know this is not correct but you
can try with this.

But if your problem is only about restricting access from root, then
in filechooser dialog i think you can restrict it with some option. So
instead off disabling it you can restrict to access let say only
"/opt" directory.

Regards
Deepak