[webkit-help] unresolved symbol errors on windows

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:06:30 PDT 2010

Hi Cliff,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Cliff Moon <moonpolysoft at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build webkit on windows and I'm getting unresolved symbol
> errors during linking of javascriptcore.  In particular, the linker cannot
> find CharacterClass* wordcharCreate() and friends.  I found the headers
> defined in JavaScriptCore/yarr/RegexPattern.h, but I could not find an
> implementation for the functions anywhere in the project.  Where are these
> defined?  Is there an external library that I'm missing?

It sounds like some of the autogenerated classes are either (a) not
being regenerated during your build, and therefore have old/missing
contents, or (b) they are not getting copied to the build target
(e.g., WEBKITBUILDDIR) yielding the same problem.

Double check your build logs and see if you might be getting warnings
during the JavaScriptCoreGenerated and WebCoreGenerated build targets.
 You might see warnings coming from the generation of the lookup table
(via gperf), or complaints about being unable to copy files.  Either
of these might cause the errors you describe.

-Brent