[webkit-help] WebKitGTK:enable-page-cache property not working for all web-pages.

sreenivas prabhu sreenivas.prabhu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 04:11:30 PDT 2010

Hello ,

We were evaluating the WebKit Browser for a Mobile Internet Device.

We tested the GTK sample "GtkLauncher" browser under the
WebKitTools/GtkLauncher folder.

Our intent was to check the page cache mechanism in the webkit browser.
We enable the page cache by setting the "enable-page-cache" option to TRUE
.We have also set the cache size.

I have provide the code snippet below:

// Setting cache size
 webkit_application_cache_set_maximum_size (5242880);
// get the setting
 WebKitWebSettings* settings = webkit_web_view_get_settings(web_view);
 g_object_set(settings, "enable-page-cache", TRUE, NULL);

When we perform the Back  operation the page is loaded afresh and not taken
from the cache. It works for light html without any js or flash support.
Is this a known behaviour or a bug ??

Awaiting your kind reply..

--
Best Regards