[webkit-help] Are people successfully browsing with QML, QT 4.7 and Webkit on an N900?

bruce.cichowlas at nokia.com bruce.cichowlas at nokia.com
Thu Jul 15 11:59:06 PDT 2010

Hi, Antonio!

Thanks for your prompt response and it was interesting to look at the raskbrowser project.

Perhaps I am being unrealistic, but what I was looking for was something that I could launch from QMLViewer (4.7), which I've built on the N900 from the Maemo.org .deb  libraries of July 6.  I think that it is intended to run all of the accompanying demos and examples that come from the QTCreator 2.1 beta, which I can run successfully on Windows.  However, running the very same browser and WebView examples consistently produce a black screen on the N900 precisely at the point where you would expect the browser to load the first image (which it does successfully when I run the same QML code under Windows).  The other QML from "demo" and "examples" which I've tried on the N900 seems to run the same on both Windows and the N900.  So, I think, it is something about the browser or how I have it setup on the N900.

I'd like to hear that someone had some success with this and learn about how they did their installation.  The raskbrowser project in Gitorious is not the same sort of thing since it involves writing C++ code.  I would have thought you could just launch the browser QML code successfully by selecting it from the QMLViewer just as you can under Windows.

Bruce