[webkit-help] WebKit+cairo javascript print support and missing entry point

sunil dummy at richsuib.com
Mon Jul 12 19:56:35 PDT 2010

Hi all,

My first post here, so advance apologies if this is misdirected or
part of a FAQ - would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Many thanks to Brent for the CFLite work and the Cairo port. Once I
actually followed the instructions, it built like a charm (XP SP3,
VS2005) and works exactly as advertised.

I had a couple of questions regarding the Cairo port:

1. whenever I try to run the generated WebKit.exe, it fails on loading
WebKit.dll with the message "The procedure entry point FontMetrics
could not be located in the dynamic link library Webkit.dll."  Is
WebKit.exe even supposed to run the Cairo port, or did I somehow mess
up my build? Obviously, this problem does not exist with
WinLauncher.exe or the test wrapper app I built (which is essentially
a clone of WinLauncher).

2. One of my test html pages has a javascript button click event
handler that invokes window.print(). For some reason, this call
silently fails when the page is loaded into WinLauncher. FWIW, I see
the same behavior with the Chromium Embedded Framework. But the
windows (non-cairo) WebKit.exe and Safari do not fail this call. And
neither does a build of Chromium. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance,
Sunil