[webkit-help] [WebKit] CoreFoundation.lib
xavier.vautier at ubisoft.com
Tue Jul 6 06:57:01 PDT 2010
Hello Jerry !
I am interested in replacing the CoreFoundation by CFLite. Is there others manipulations to do in order to remove all dependencies to CoreFoundation ?
If you can provide me the source code with the Visual Studio project, it will be wonderful.
My build process was quiet simple.
1) I install cygwin with all needed tools (make, gperf, bison, flex, perl)
2) I download the webkit tarball. (Update it thanks to Tortoise SVN (in my case, update-webkit* scripts do not work))
3) I download the WebKitAuxilaryLibrary package
4) I download the WebKitSupportLibrary package
5) I convert the WebKit.sln (2005) from the trunk to Visual Studio 2008 project thanks to the automatic convertion tool of VS2008.
6) I modified a lot of project properties (Adding a lot of includes and libraries directories, removing some).
7) I removed some _USRDLL and *_EXPORTS macro-definitions in the projects.
8) I downloaded ICU (version 4..4). Not sure about that, since you have headers and libraries in the libraries Packages.
9) I add to change "Treat Warnings as Errors" to NO.
And for the moment, WebKit is built, but I do not success to use it (WebKit.lib) in another application without getting different DLL usage errors. (It is why I want to remove all dependencies to DLLs).
Thanks for all the help you can give me on this task Jerry !
From: webkit-help-bounces at lists.webkit.org [mailto:webkit-help-bounces at lists.webkit.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Evans
Sent: July 6, 2010 7:15 AM
To: webkit-help at lists.webkit.org
Subject: Re: [webkit-help] [WebKit] CoreFoundation.lib
You can try replacing the CoreFoundation dependency with CF-Lite (open-source version from Apple). I can send you the appropriate VS2008 project file.
I am very interested in your build process. How did you generate the 2008 solution/project files?
On 05/07/2010 19:45, Xavier Vautier wrote:
Hello everybody !
Thanks in advance for all answers you will be available to provide to me.
I am using Visual Studio 2008 with a Windows XP Pro SP2 PC.
I am trying to use WebKit to render HTML pages into a specific platform.
I succeed compiling and linking WebKit under Visual Stuio 2008.
But, when launching my application which uses WebKit, it crashes and asked me for CoreFoundation.dll... DLL that I did not found in the WebKit trunk or WebKitSupportLibrary(.zip).
Where can I found the CoreFoundation.dll which correspond to the CoreFoundation.lib which is contained in the WebKitSupportLibrary package ?
Is there a way to remove WebKit dependencies to this library (CoreFoundation) ?
Thank you !
webkit-help mailing list
webkit-help at lists.webkit.org<mailto:webkit-help at lists.webkit.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the webkit-help