[webkit-help] understanding nodeAtPoint() function..

Vivek Satpute vivekonline86 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 23:07:40 PST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to understand the nodeAtPoint() function which is
member function of RenderBlock: WebCore/rendering/RenderBlock.cpp

This function gets _x, _y, _tx, _ty paramenters. The parameters _tx and _ty
are related to LayerBounds. I am not getting what is LayerBounds and in
subsequent calls of nodeAtPoint(), those _tx , _ty values are getting
changes.
How and what is it ?

In nodeAtPoint(), what is following calculation:
    int tx = _tx + x();
    int ty = _ty + y();

and how values of x(), y() are changing in subsequent calls ?

I found this kind of conversation in mailing-list but that did not helpful
for my understanding.

Thanks,
Vivek