[webkit-help] [Haiku] FrameLoaderClient::dispatchDecidePolicyForNavigationAction() and mouse events

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Sat Feb 6 07:38:50 PST 2010

Hi,

assuming I want to open a new browser window when the user clicks a link
with the middle mouse button... how would this be propagated to the
FrameLoaderClient? I can't figure it out from looking at the Qt port.
Grepping the WebCore sources, MiddleButton is only used for optional
panning support. Will I have to come up with some hacks to remember what
mouse button the user clicked in the browser and somehow apply that
knowledge in the FrameLoaderClient implementation? That seems risky to me,
since there doesn't appear to be a clean way to match a policy decision to
a specific mouse event (it's asynchronous on Haiku).

Thanks a lot for any help!

Best regards,
-Stephan